Dip them in some red gravy and call it a day.
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 bunch chopped scallions, white and green parts
- 2 (10-ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 3 extra-large eggs, lightly beaten
- 7 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 40 sheets (1 box) frozen phyllo dough (such as Pepperidge Farm), defrosted overnight in the refrigerator
- ½ pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil in a saute pan and add the scallions. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Meanwhile, squeeze most of the water out of the spinach and place it in a bowl. Add the scallions, dill, eggs, feta, salt, and pepper and mix together.
- Keep the phyllo dough sheets covered with a damp kitchen towel. Unfold 1 sheet of the phyllo dough. Brush the sheet with melted butter and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Repeat the process by laying a second sheet of phyllo dough over the first sheet, brush it with melted butter and sprinkle with breadcrumbs until all 10 sheets have been used. Spoon ¾ cup of the spinach mixture into a sausage shape along one edge of the phyllo dough. Roll it up. Brush the top with butter and score the roll into 1-inch rounds. Place it on an oiled baking sheet. Repeat until all the pastry and filling have been used.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Serve warm.